Thursday, July 31, 2008

SU Convention Fun

I was able to spend the morning yesterday up at convention with my upline and former roomie Dannie. It was so fun. I cannot believe the number of people. And everyone was as excited about the new catalog as I was. We had a great time looking at it--I have a list of everything I want to order when August 11th arrives! Here are a few things I want to get that are new:

*Scalloped square punch
*Stamp set that coordinates with the scalloped square punch
*1 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon
*Filligree brads
*Button boquet (a collection of cute buttons in the new In Colors)
*DSP--the new papers are absolutely gorgeous!
*Vanilla Hodge Podge Hardware
*Mini Library Clips

You are all going to love the new catalog! The first thing we did was go to the Momento Mall. We got to check out with THE Kristina Werner. It was fun seeing her in person. She's super talented and her blog is awesome. I got this camera case. The colors and everything come from one of the new Designer Papers:

Isn't it cute? They also had a matching supply tote. But, I resisted!

After Momento Mall we sat down to swap cards and check out the new catalog. Then we browsed the display boards. Here are some of the beautiful things on display:

Then we took off and hit some craft stores. We went to 5 different stores by the time the day was over! In the afternoon we got to tour the Stampin' Up facilty. Throughout the building there were some beautiful projects on display, many of which I have seen in past publications:

Sorry it's sideways! I'm too lazy to edit it right now!

Do you see the frogs in the boquet? Sooooo Cute!
There is a little museum in the facility that shows some history of the company. Then it has rooms that showcase the uses of the products. Great home decor ideas! This one was done with the Dots are Hot stamp set. I've gotta try it!
And this:
And this:

It was a great day! I am inspired! I hope you feel it too!

No comments: