Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sympathy Card

This is a sympathy card that I made to send off to someone. I actually have never done a sympathy card before. I was excited to use my new "Birds Galore" set by Inkadinkado. I LOVE it. It is a stamp set that I had seen used and just HAD to have it! I'm so glad I got it because it is so versatile in it's uses.
My favorite stamping product lately is the Versamark pad. Sooooo awesome! I used the Versamark pad along with a background stamp to create the flowered background on the card. I love that the Versamark pad can create this "tone on tone" look. It saves me from having to have ink in every single color!
For the main image, I stamped it three times. Twice in Close to Cocoa, and once in PTI's Spring Moss. I cut out several of the Spring Moss leaves and adhered them to the image. I cut the bird out and popped him up on dimensionals.
Cardstock: Kraft, Aqua Mist, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White Paper: PTI's Everyday Blessings Ink: Close to Cocoa, Spring Moss Ribbon: PTI's Spring Moss satin ribbon Stamps: Birds Galore (Inkadinkado) and PTI's Mixed Messages

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I absolutely LOVE this card... I am probably going to case it :) if that is ok w/ you? and come to find out I too own this set...but kind of forgot about it..so thanks for the inspiration. Such a beautiful card.
Take care,
Jaime

*Jane Lee* said...

I love this card! The layers, colors, stamps, layout - EVERYTHING! Great job!

Brooke S said...

Make this card for me and I will trade you one of my swap cards.. Your card is Amazing!!! Glad to see that you got your hands on a little camera bag... YOU HAVE TO GO NEXT YEAR!!! it was AMAZING. We all got the scallop square set on the last day thanks to the UPS van that came on stage and handed out almost 6,000 sets... It was so cool all 6,000 women jumping up and down and screaming and crying at once....

Can't wait for you to get your catty in you hands.... Any day now!!