Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm a bad, bad poster

I've had tons of cute project to share sitting around for a week now--I've just been too lazy to post them! I think I'll start off by sharing this super cool "free standing pop-up card" that I learned how to make from a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. You can find the instructions here. When I became a Stampin-Up demonstrator, I added a lot of birthdays to my calendar. I love having cards on hand all of the time to give to neighbors and friends when it's their special day. This one went to the mom of my kids' best buds.

I totally love this card. I'm not sure how well it would mail because of the bulky parts, but I plan on doing more of these for my local friends and neighbors.

I used Tangerine Tango cardstock as the base of the card and covered it with Kiwi Kiss DSP. I used Baja Breeze (still my favorite color) for the tag part of the card. I layered whisper white cardstock on top of that and stamped "Upsy Daisy" in Kiwi Kiss along with one of the butterflies from "Flight of the Butterfly" in Baja Breeze. I embossed the butterfly with clear embossing powder. The sentiment is also from the "Upsy Daisy" set. I stamped it in Riding Hood Red. I used my circle punches to create the pull at the top of the card and tied some Kiwi Kiss Ribbon onto the jumbo eyelet. For the front, I added two buttons from the Button Bouquet--first I ran some orange thread through the holes (the thread was just something I found in my craft stash).

Give it a try! It's worth the effort!

No comments: