Monday, September 22, 2008

This card was inspired by one of Stampin' Up's Artisan Award winners, Robin Desko. Here is a pic of her beautiful card:
I decided to change the dimensions because I was giving this card as part of a gift set and wanted to be able to include an envelope (standard size). I also have left my scalloped circle punch at a friend's house, so I had to tweak the idea to fit my own supplies. Here is what I came up with:

I used Chocolate Chip cardstock as my card base. I used the new Scalloped Edge punch to create the Whisper White border at the bottom. I paper peirced along where the Chocolate Chip and Whisper White meet. I used the "Flight of the Butterfly" set with a sentiment from "Best Yet" (this is a Level 1 hostess set--you could earn it for free!). I used the Kiwi Kiss paper from the Bella Rose DSP, along with Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss cardstock. Some Baja Breeze cardstock finished the whole thing off!

3 comments:

MEL said...

Very nice! I love the butterflies two tone, great idea! I have this set and I find that I use that little butterfly more than the others. That little guy is my favorite. :)

Jaime said...

I completely LOVE these, the colors look so great together! Super GOOD job! Great work!
Jaime

Brooke S said...

What cute cards!! I love the rock-and-roll technique... I thinks it's truly my favorite.... I love the color choices you used on both cards.....

Hugs
Brooke