Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Baby Acetate Card

For my upline's next stamping meeting she has challenged us to make a card with bling. I always wanted to create an acetate card, so I incorporated both ideas into this card. I have also seen this color combination around and wanted to try it (Groovy Guava, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, and Pretty in Pink). I really like the results, and it's alway so fun to try something new!As far as the bling goes, it is hard to see in the picture, but there is glitter all around the "baby" label from "Lovely Labels". I covered what was showing of the pink in Crystal Effects and then put Dazzling Diamonds glitter on it. I think acetate itself has a kind of "bling" of it's own. The swirls were put on the acetate using white StazOn. I was a dork and used my Stamp-a-Majig to place the image and now I can't get the StazOn off of the Stamp-a-Majig sheet--duh! To hide any adhesive used, you sandwich the acetate between your main layer and it's matt. So, for example, the So Saffron layer is on the front of the acetate, the small groovy guava layer is right on the other side of the acetate. Here is a picture of the inside of the card:

I made some extras so I could keep some to use myself--people are always having babies!

3 comments:

Brooke S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke S said...

Aren't acetate card the coolest. Cute card! I had fun teaching this card at a workshop. when all the ladies were through they had such a sense of accomplishment. They were all so impressed with them selves. The girls in your group are going to love the card you made.

Angie Tieman said...

This is beautiful!! I must try one of these! Love it!