Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Project #2: Baby Onesie Card

I loved this cute card that I found here. I just had to try it. I cut mine free hand, but a 1 3/8 inch circle punch would be perfect for cutting the neck-hole (just insert the top of the card half way into the punch and go for it!). Mine is coming tomorrow! I can't wait because it would perfectly cut out a lot of the stamped images I will be using, like the "baby" circle below. I wanted to embelish the legs and arms somehow, so I used the coordinating color of ink and only inked the very edge of a Boho Background stamp. Then I added a rub-on (totally love these) to the leg. I think it would also be cute to tie some 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon around the legs and arms, but I just ordered mine this morning (along with a few other things!). You can't see it in the pictures, but I put Stampin' Dimensionals (sticky foam dots) behind the "Baby" stamp to lift it from the scalloped circle. These stamps are amazing. My friend Kari was suprised when I told her the "baby" circle was a stamped image!
Supplies: Cardstock: Regal Rose, Whisper White Stamp Set: Boho Backgrounds, Lovely Labels Ink: Regal Rose Rub on Set: Love & Happiness Punch: Scalloped Circle

No comments: