Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Divergence From the Plan

My plan was to post another 3x3 card today, but I stopped by Kwerner Design and saw a color challenge that I just couldn't pass up. I had to change the colors up a bit because I am a new SU demo and don't have every color on hand, but I think this goes perfectly. I used Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, and Apricot Appeal (and the coordinating inks, minus the Barely Banana). I used the gift from the Holiday Blitz set and the sentiment from the Short and Sweet set. I tied on some Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon and added some dots of Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds glitter along the scalloped edge.

3 comments:

Vera said...

Very cute birthday card! I love the Dazzling Diamond dots on the scalloped edge!

Unknown said...

Hi Tamara, thanks for stopping by my blog, that's really kind of you to leave a comment. :) Love your cards too and the colour combos are gorgeous. Good luck with your new venture and I have to agree it's such fun making!

Happy Easter!

Jo :)

Jenn in GA said...

very well done! you may be a new demo, but you're obviously a seasoned stamper! way to think outside the box to adapt the color combo to what you had.