Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Notebook and Pen Gift Set

I just got back from a trip to St. Louis and picked up this notebook from the dollar section at Michael's. We have Michael's here too, but I hardly ever get there. Our Robert's is much closer. Anyway, I just couldn't wait to alter this. I covered it with Porcelain Prints DSP and used Soft Sky double stitched ribbon, some HodgePodge Hardware from the new Occasions mini catalog, and my Big Flowers stamps to fancy it up a bit. The scalloped edge on my paper was done using a corner-rounding punch with the guard removed. I love that technique. The pen is an R.S.V.P. pen by Pentel. They are the best kind to use for decorating because the hole on the end (when you remove the end piece) is large enough to easily slide in a rolled piece of coordinating paper. I think this may become my grocery list notebook--then I won't always be running around trying to find something to write on!

No comments: