Friday, March 28, 2008

Which is better?

I have been thinking lately of my little brother Daniel because his birthday is coming up soon--April 15th. I always am reminded of his birthday as soon as I start thinking about taxes! Anyway, he was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident nearly two years ago. He would have been 26 this year. I decided to put together a card that I can send to my parents when the day draws nearer (I don't think they check this blog, so I don't think they'll see these). I put together two different ones. Which do you prefer?

Both cards use the Porcelain Prints DSP. It seemed perfect for the "mood" of the card. Both have Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon. The top card also has Certainly Celery CS. The flowers on the top card were inked with Wild Wasabi and Blue Bayou ink. I used Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the centers. I usually don't use non-Stampin' Up! items for this blog since it is a business tool for me, but these flowers are really cool. I read about them on someone else's blog. they are a shimmery off-white color to begin with but you can sponge ink on them easily to match any project. They came from Michael's in the wedding section. They are meant to be table confetti! They come in a mini paint can and there are tons of them--for only $5 or so!

The second card is on a Bashful Blue base. I also used Sage Shadow CS to matte the quote. I paper peirced along the scalloped edge (done with the corner rounder) and by the quote. I stamped the butterflies from my Priceless set in Certainly Celery ink and then used Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds glitter on them. I popped up their wings with dimensionals.

Anyway, I can't decide which to send. Which is prettier?

3 comments:

Dannie Graves said...

I know this isn't going to help, but they're both beautiful. I can't pick just one. I'm so sorry you lost your brother. I can't imagine how difficult that would be. I'm sure your parents will appreciate the card.

Unknown said...

Tamara, both of these cards are absolutely gorgeous. I think I would have to choose the butterfly card as the one I would send. Only because it kind of says your brother has his wings. I am so very sorry for your loss. I am sure your parents will LOVE either card you send. I love your blog, thank you for sharing your exceptional talent with us!
Lorraine
www.lorrainerowe.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Is it too late to vote? I like the top one.
Stef