Friday, August 15, 2008

Custom Made Gift Bag

I had a baby shower to go to the other day and no wrap or bag to put the gift in, so I decided to make my own bag following the tutorial posted here at the "Inking Addicts" blog. It was so fun! I went through my stash of old scrapbook paper and found the perfect thing to use. This paper is covered in the word "daughter" in every language imaginable. I decided to fold over the top and added a cardstock flap. Then I used my Crop-a-Dial to punch holes for the ribbon and added some jumbo eyelets. Chocolate Chip ribbon finished off the whole project.
Did you notice the cupcake bouquet in the background? I helped plan two baby showers this week and made a cupcake bouquet for each one. Both moms used brown as one of their colors--paired with light green for one mom and light blue for the other. I was excited to have the chance to try making the bouquet ever since I had seen it demonstrated at a church enrichement night. Here's a closer picture of the bouquet:
I painted the pot and stamped it with brown craft ink (I don't know what brand) and Whisper White Craft ink. The stamp set was one of the $1 sets from Michaels. I love the little baby face and teddy bear!

2 comments:

JackieLou said...

Woweekazawee I love the cupcake bouquet... I wanna try that one day. You make such beautiful artwork.

Artsy hugs,
Jackielou

Thu said...

beautiful! it turned out soooo good! I'm so glad you had fun making it! I'm so PROUD!!! :)