Friday, August 22, 2008

Two Challenge Combo

This card was inspired by Kristina's color challenge:
And Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch:
I just got the Say it With Scallops stamp set today and immediately thought of using the flowers on this stamp as the "pop" of color on this card. This was a quick one, I really like the way it turned out, especially because I never would have used this color combo all on my own:
I embossed the basic gray layer in clear embossing powder with a stamp from Hero Arts. I popped the center square up on dimensionals, which you can't see in the photo. Then I added some "gems" from my local craft store. Voila!

10 comments:

Taylor said...

Very elegant looking! I love the clear embossed background! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

sarahjane said...

The red really looks great with this color combo. Nice job!

Catherine said...

great job combining two challenge in 1 card... love it

Rachel Hope said...

Great combination of challenges!!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Beautiful! Nice job on all the embossing! The red gems really pop!

Thu said...

I LOVE the paisley background! is that SU? let me know when your next party is!!!

Kathryn said...

Very pretty -- love the red -- it POPS off the page -- just lovely! :)

Wendy said...

I love your card and your embossing is beautiful!

Traveling Mama said...

This turned out SO great! Love it!

Sankari W. said...

wow tamara! I love that background stamp that you embossed on the grey--- it is beautiful! love your gems on the HI stamp - that totally pops it out! Those gems are awesome - they look little red pearl droplets Great card!! You are so sweet!!!