Thursday, August 7, 2008

Kristina Werner Color Challenge

This one was a fun one, although I didn't start out thinking it would be! Here are the colors we had to work with--a stretch from what I would normally choose.
It all came together for me when I remembered the Thickers that I bought at Hobby Lobby last week. I decided to emboss the butterflies from the new Dreams Du Jour set (available August 11th) to bring in the other colors.
Cardstock: Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red, Summer Sun Ribbon: Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain Stamps: Short and Sweet, Dreams Du Jour Ink: Whisper White Craft, Basic Black

12 comments:

Sherri said...

Very pretty card! ...love the butterflies and the scallop especially!!

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...so sweet...I just love butterflies...and we have so many more this year in the new catty!

Shawntel said...

I love the butterflies! They really pop! The scallop with the ribbon is just so adorable!

Traveling Mama said...

I just got my first set of thickers in the mail- so excited! Cute card!

Kathryn said...

Very pretty card -- Great Job!

SueStampin Daly said...

Very pretty!!Love the way you did the ribbon

Karen Giron said...

Very cute! Love the thickers!

Lori said...

Pretty! I like the butterflies and the Thickers.

Brooke S said...

Glad to see you mojo is kickin' In... Love the card... Lets stamp together when school starts..

Mandalika said...

Great card, very cool!

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

Love it!! Kiwi Kiss was exactly the color she needed for that green! (And you already have it, lucky duck!!) ;) Fantastic layout, and I love the 'pop' of the colors on the black background. Great job :)

Neffskraps said...

what a fresh approach! Nice job on your card!