Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Set From the Brand New Catalog!

The new catalog is totally amazing and starts August 11th--I can't wait! I'll be having a free make-and-take/catalog unveiling celebration here at my house. It'll be lots of fun. Here is a card I made with one of the sets I was able to pre-order. It's called "Dreams Du Jour" and it is such a beautiful set. I chose to use the "chalkboard" technique on this card. I stamped the image in white craft ink on Chocolate Chip cardstock and then rubbed chalks onto the white ink to create the color.

I did the butterflies and the central image with this same technique. Then I covered each with a coating of Crystal Effects to give them some shine. I added a little sticky rhinestone in the center. Do you like the scalloped edge? It was made using the brand new scalloped edge punch from the new catalog (it is fabulous and super quick!)

The card background is made using the brand new In Colors and Bella Rose DSP. Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point DSP: Bella Rose Ribbon: White taffeta

No comments: