Saturday, August 16, 2008

Taylor's Cupcake Challenge

I thought Taylor's cupcake Friday card was so cute this week. I loved the sketch and decided to try it out as I was playing with all of my new SU goodies from the awesome new catalog. Here is the sketch she gave us to work with:I just got the new "Flight of the Butterfly" set on Friday. I couldn't wait to ink it up! And the new "In Colors" are so bold and bright that they seemed perfect to pair with the butterflies. Here's what I came up with:
I embossed the butterfly and flower images with clear embossing powder. I popped the butterfly wings up on dimensionals. The little flower in the center is from the same set. I used the "Sweet Celebrations" set to create the words around the flower (using white craft ink). I also paper peirced the brown and orange layers around the flower. The brown polka dot paper is from the brand new "Bella Rose" DSP. Thanks for the challenge Taylor! It was fun!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Very pretty -- the butterflies are all so gorgeous!! :)

Sankari W. said...

love all the colors that you used - very bright and beautiful! the butterflies are so beautiful - what a great set!

Dannie Graves said...

Gorgeous card! I love the color combo that you used too.

florascrap said...

Very cute! Can't wait until I get my new goodies on Tuesday. :) I just noticed your comment on my blog about the zucchini recipe...did you like it?

Taylor said...

So cute! Love the colors you used! Thanks for playing the challenge!

CeeCee said...

So cute. Don't you just loooooooove the new In Colors?
CC